Friday 8 July 2022

Modelling and .. er .. modelling

Another busy month!

Not much new to show you I'm afraid. It's all been pretty full on here at Colgan Towers.

Firstly, I got involved with an 'Alternative Fashion Show' to celebrate 50 years of punk. It was also to highlight the importance of recycling, re-using, repairing and upcycling. And the event was used to raise funds for the Wycombe Food Hub (as featured here).


The event was tremendous fun and designer Juliet Hamilton - who previously made stage costumes for the likes of Cyndi Lauper and Human League, amongst many others -  did some extraordinary things with thrown away or donated clothes. Local people volunteered as models and I made a few props and MC'd the evening. An extremely worthwhile event and an important message in difficult times.


The only other thing to report is that one of my daughters bought me a 3D pen for Fathers' Day, which is a fun thing. I can't say I've got the hang of it yet but I did make myself a Wicker Man (as in the film) using the pen, some twigs and a bit of spray paint.

More eccentric upcycling news soon!



No comments:

Post a Comment